Monday 15 September 2014

Worksheet To Determine Media Consumption - H/W

Newspapers

Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
Daily mail 


What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
Celebrity section - I'm interested in what is going on in the industry and I like to keep up-to-date

What sections do you never read, and why?
I never read the "Travel" section because it doesn't interest me

What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
Stories about what celebrities do interest me and what new deals they have (e.g. Kim Kardashian's front cover feature on Vogue with her family)

Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
I read the articles online

Magazines

What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
Grazia

What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I like keeping up to date with what is going on in the fashion industry

Television
Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
5 hours a week watching TV 

What times of day do you usually watch television?
After 7pm

What programmes do you like best and why?
American reality tv shows are the best because they are really entertaining 

Do you watch alone or with others?
Usually I watch TV with my cousins

If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?

Everyone decides on one thing to watch because we all have the same interests

Radio
What stations do you like best and why?
Capital Xtra and Kiss FM

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
Maximum 1-2 hours a week

What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
Whenever I'm in the car I tend to listen to the radio

What stations do you dislike most and why?
I dislike opera singing radio stations because I don't like opera singing

Do you listen alone or with others?
Usually I listen to the radio with other people

Where do you listen to the radio?
In the car

What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?

Whenever I listen to the radio I'm usually relaxed and doing nothing

Cinema
What films, if any, have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
The inbetweeners movie

What films have you seen in other places – for example, through rental, satellite film channels (free or otherwise) or through video-on-demand?
The wolverine - on-demand (sky)

Who else watched the films with you?
My cousins and I watch films together 

Who decided what films to watch?

Everyone has the same interests so it's easy to decide on one particular film

Internet
How often do you access the internet?
I'm on the internet majority of the time


Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
I'm usually on the internet at home and school


What are the main sites that you access?
Daily mail, hip hop weekly and complex magazine online

What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
For information 


What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
Read articles 

No comments:

Post a Comment